To organise and present a mining industry health and safety conference of excellence, which provides industry with the opportunity to exchange information, network and foster proactive health and safety management techniques.
The Committee responsible for organising the Conference comprises representatives from the Queensland Resources Council, the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Simtars, the Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union and the Australian Workers’ Union.
Shane Apps, Health, Safety and Training Manager – Operations, Peabody Energy Australia
John Kabel, Senior Inspector of Mines, Electrical, Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Nick Ahlstrand, Executive Director, Simtars
- Russell Albury, Chief Inspector of Mines (Coal), Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Judy Bertram, Deputy Chief Executive and Director, Community and Safety Policy, Queensland Resources Council
- Greg Dalliston, Industry Safety & Health Representative, CFMEU Mining and Energy Division Queensland Region
- Simon Delander, General Manager, HSE & Risk, Evolution Mining
- Andre De Kock, Principal Engineer, Simtars
- Phil Goode, Chief Inspector of Mines, Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Gavin Lawrence, Organiser, Northern District, Australian Workers’ Union
- Darren Nicholls, Director QLD, Glencore Coal Assets Australia
- Liz Sanderson, Occupational Health Specialist, Anglo American
- Lucy Simmons, Manager, Safety and Community Policy, Queensland Resources Council